I have to say, i am absolutely obsessed with this one. 🤌🏻 nourishing my body with whole foods is truly a form of self-care and self-love for me. I’ve learned the importance of fueling my body with balanced meals that are rich in nutrients and make me feel my best.
⇨ for the tofu, i used trader joe’s organic tofu
⇨ peanut sauce:
— 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp peanut butter
— 1/3 cup water
— 1/3 cup coconut aminos
— 2 tbsp sriracha
— 2 tsp mike’s hot honey
— 1 ginger cube (1 tsp) + a little bit of freshly grated ginger root
— dash of garlic powder
◡̈ what to do:
1. first, combine all of your ingredients in a bowl to make your peanut sauce. heat up in the microwave for about 30 seconds bf mix. continue microwaving in 30 second intervals if needed until you have a uniform consistency.
2. for the tofu, you are going to want to drain out all of the water from the container. place on a plate, and make the tofu pieces thinner by slicing from the middle/the long way. next, cut across a diagonal to make triangle pieces. place a piece of paper towel on top of each piece of tofu and press to remove excess water // you can even put a book on top of the paper towel to help!
3. place your tofu in the air fryer for about 6 minutes at 400 degrees. heat up olive oil on a pan while the tofu is in the air fryer. next, transfer each piece to a pan and cook each side for about 3 minutes.
4. place each piece of tofu on a paper towel and blot to get rid of excess oil. after cooking each piece, put your tofu back in the pan and pour the peanut sauce on top. make sure to not have your pan too high otherwise the sauce will burn!!!
5. finally, add your crispy peanut tofu to a rice bowl, eat it alone, or however else your heart desires.
6. that’s it, enjoy!
I created a rice bowl for myself with white rice, the crispy peanut tofu, a cucumber rose, carrots, jalapeños, and cilantro. absolutely delicious.
add this to your lunch or dinner menu this week…it makes for the most perfect plant-based meal! 🌱