Baked Chicken Piccata With Spaghetti in a Truffle Butter White Wine Sauce
I know this is a claim I make just about every time but I seriously mean it when I say this just might be my favorite dish I’ve ever made to date. While this recipe is not df or gf, it can be easily modified to be — just make sure to use vegan butter and gluten-free flour + gluten-free breadcrumbs instead!
This dish was a big HIT and will definitely be on repeat. I was craving some Italian + decided to whip up this delicious meal from home. it did not disappoint at all 😻
for the chicken:
⇨ breaded chicken
— 3 pieces of chicken breast
— 2 eggs
— a bowl of flour // don’t need to measure, just need enough to coat the chicken
— a bowl of breadcrumbs // don’t need to measure, just need enough to coat the chicken
— seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic, + paprika
⇨ piccata sauce
— 3 tbsp of butter
— 1 1/2 tbsp flour
— 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
— 1/4 cup chicken stock
— 1/2 cup white wine
for the pasta:
— choice of pasta
— about 1 tbsp of truffle butter
— 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
— 1/4 cup white wine
— olive oil
◡̈ what to do:
1. first, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. separate flour into one bowl, eggs in another bowl, and combine breadcrumbs + seasonings in a third bowl.
2. prepare your chicken by first coating it in flour. next, transfer it into the bowl of whisked eggs and fully coat in your breadcrumbs.
3. place your chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
4. while your chicken is baking, boil water to cook your choice of pasta. at the same time, combine your ingredients for piccata sauce for the chicken in a pan on a stovetop. cook on low heat to make sure not to burn the sauce.
5. combine your ingredients in a separate pan for the truffle butter white wine sauce for your pasta. after your pasta is fully cooked, transfer it into the pan and mix!
6. finally, take your chicken out of the oven and pour the sauce on top! top it off with some fresh + chopped parsley and pepper and enjoy ✨
You are not going to want to miss this one. Make sure to save this recipe for later so you can enjoy this incredible meal too 💌